What is Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Cosmetic Acupuncture is an effective, non-surgical treatment to reduce the signs of aging. It is based on the principles of Chinese Medicine, which involves the insertion of very thin disposable needles into the acupuncture points on the face and body where needed.
This superficial insertion will increase the local circulation to the face and stimulate collagen production, which will fill out the lines and give firmness to the skin for a healthy, glowing complexion.
Photo by bitkisel bakim tavsiyeleri
What are the benefits of Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Cosmetic Acupuncture may take 5-10 years off your face. It helps to eliminate fine lines and makes the deeper lines look softer. It can also help to minimize dard circles, puffy eyes, double chin, sagging skin, and dropping eyelids. Other benefits include:
- Relaxes muscle tone
- Increases circulation, therefore oxygenates the skin
- Tightens the pores, and brightens the eyes
- Keeps acne skin under control
- Nourishes the skin, giving you a healthy complexion with a natural glowing, radiant, younger looking skin
- Moisturizes the skin from inside, and gives rosy cheeks to people with dull, tired looking skin
- Help minimize or eliminate fine lines;
- Help reduce a double chin
- Help reduce frown lines
- Help lift sagging skin, puffy or droopy eyelids
- Increase collagen production
- Brighten the eyes
- Improve muscle tone and dermal contraction
- Improve hormonal balance to reduce acne
- Even facial colour and tone
- Soften scars
- Increase blood, energy and lymph circulation
- Leave you feeling refreshed, relaxed and rejuvenated
Does it really make a difference?
Cosmetic Acupuncture has been performed for thousands of years in China. As early as the Sung Dynasty (960AD-1270AD) Cosmetic Acupuncture was performed on the Empress and Emperor’s concubines. For centuries, the Chinese have known that beauty radiates from the inside out. If the internal body is nourished and the energy and blood are flowing smoothly, the external body will reveal this radiance.
A study in 1996 in the International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture reported that among 300 cases treated with Cosmetic Acupuncture, 90% had marked effects with one course of treatment. The effects included: the skin becoming delicate and fair, improvement of the elasticity of facial muscles and leveling of wrinkles, a ruddier complexion, and overall rejuvenation.
There are many conditions that acupuncture can help with and I am always happy to discuss those and address them along with the face treatment whenever possible.